Looking Back on Spirit Week

Charlotte Guegan dressed up for Meme Day on Friday of spirit week. Charlotte also won for the day in the 7th grade!

Molly Alonso

Molly Alonso

Molly Alonso, Jane Harwood, and Max Pusloskie

Every year the school has a week that all of the students and staff gets pumped up for: spirit week!
Spirit week is full of fun days that students can participate in. Monday was pajama day, Tuesday was costume day, in the spirit of Halloween, Wednesday was wacky tacky day, Thursday was decade day and finally Friday was meme day. Students and even teachers go all out for each day.

7th grader Sara Templeton had an enjoyable time over the week. She dressed up for pajama day, meme day, and decade day. She stated that she does want to do more spirit weeks this year and for future years. She also stated “I loved seeing the onesies on pajama day.”

Room 605 goes all out for the compass door theme competition by doing the ghost of Picasso as their theme. This room is in the 8th grade house and the 8th grade won the competition.

All of the grades participated in at least one day over the week, making it fun to see everyone’s outfit ideas for each day.
8th graders Ryan Kraft and Satmika Rampalli both had a lot of fun dressing up and seeing what their friends dressed up as during spirit week. Satmika dressed up for pajama day, wacky tacky day, and costume day, while Ryan dressed up for just pajama day. Both of their favorite costumes was the several inflated T-Rex’s walking around the school.
Many of the students dress up during this week, but we can’t forget about the many teachers who dress up and enjoy spirit week too!

Molly Alonso
6th grade Dr. Lbarra’s compass class definitely went all out for the competition! They went for Sleepy Hollow as their door theme for Disney.

Mrs. Ragini Maheshwari, 6th and 7th grade resource teacher, thinks that “The kids can get very creative during spirit week.” Mrs. Maheshwari has some other ideas or themes for another spirit week. She had an idea about neon day and tie-dye day being a possibility for future spirit weeks. She thinks these would be a good idea because the reason a lot of students don’t dress up is because the themes for certain days are harder for kids to dress up for, so things like neon day and tie-dye day make it easier for more students to participate.
Costumes aren’t the only fun part about spirit week, we also have the compass door decorating contest.
The compass door decorating contest is where all the compasses spend the whole week decorating their door based on their grades theme. In 6th grade, the theme was Disney, in 7th grade, the theme was superheroes, and in 8th grade, the theme was scary/spooky.

Jane Harwood
Mrs. Lucente’s 7th grade compass class did a simple but very good approach for their door. Although they didn’t win in the 7th grade, they definitely did an amazing job.

The compasses had to make their door as creative and as good looking as possible so the compass class would win a pancake breakfast at school. There was only one door winner in each grade, so winning this competition is hard to do. Sara Templeton’s compass teacher is Ms. DeStefano and their door theme wasn’t the type of superhero you would automatically think of. Their theme was real life superheroes, firefighters and policemen. Satmika’s compass teacher is Mrs. Leek and their door theme was based off of the horror movie It. Ryan’s compass teacher is Mr. Rudolph and they went for a haunted house door theme.
As you can tell, spirit week is a very fun filled and an exciting week for everyone in the school. It is also fun to see people’s different creativity shine through their costumes and their compass doors!