Templeton’s Terror: Stranger Things

Sara Templeton, Student Life Writer

Welcome to the month of December: The month of surprises, cold weather, and the bright-colored Christmas lights. This month I will be journeying from the upside down of movies and exploring the Netflix Original TV show Stranger Things. This one is very exciting for me to write. I personally didn’t want to watch it when it first came out, but now that I have it exceeds my expectation.
First let’s talk all about its ratings on IMDB. This is very impressive for an IMDB rating of 9.0. I was reading the user reviews on the website and I saw some impressive reviews such as, “This is a must watch”, and “it is one of the best shows ever.”
One reason Stranger Things exceeds my expectation is because the genre, and honestly what is it! It is just like a Sci-Fi, Teen Drama, Comedy, and at last horror. It combines movies like Conjuring, Goonies, and E.T. The series makes me want to watch more movies like this. (While the Goonies is one of my favorite films, I am generally not into a lot of these genres.)

This series connects to people my age very well, because all my friends and classmates were talking about it and trying to convince me to watch it. I said I wouldn’t but as soon as I watched one episode, I was hooked. It’s like a bad habit that you can’t quit.  And why would you want to?
Between the amazing plot and the amazing characters I think there is one thing that stands out. The filming, everything looks very real and there are barely any goofs. This movie did amazing overall, I barely saw anything wrong with it.
I think another one of the reasons it did so well is because it was hyped very much. usually when this happens it tends to go wrong and not meet anyone’s expectations, but this one met a ton of people’s expectations. The movie became a trend at one point, everyone wanted to see it or it was spoiled. That is what caused such a big outrage about the Netflix Show.
This show may have raised my expectations and also never let me see Christmas lights the same. That is my conclusion on the Netflix Original TV show Stranger Things, this might be one of my favorites.