Hello 2018, Goodbye 2017!

7th+grade+students+have+defferent+resolutions+they+are+going+to+try+and+keep+through+the+year.+Most+of+these+7th+graders+said+they+were+going+to+try+to+keep+their+resolutions+through+the+year.+
7th grade students have defferent resolutions they are going to try and keep through the year. Most of these 7th graders said they were going to try to keep their resolutions through the year.

Jane Harwood

Jane Harwood

Jane Harwood and Emily Kittelson

2018 is here and Trailside students and staff are excited for the new year! The Trailside community has different things they do on New Year’s day and eve. They also have different promises they try to keep in the new year.

As 2018 came in many people celebrated the new year arriving as the ball drops in New York City. 8th grade science teacher Emily Smith said “To celebrate the New Year, we had friends come over to our house and we all hung out and we always watch the New Year’s Rockin’ Eve show.” Some students also celebrated the new year. 7th grader Molly Alonso “Spent New Year’s Eve on a plane flying home from California.” Some other students said they spent New Year’s Eve with friends and family.

Pooja
Some people for new year’s puts off fireworks in different designs to celebrate. When it is new years here in the USA in England they have already been celebrating for five hours.

As the new year approaches most people have different views and feelings about the new year. 8th grade student Humza Uddin said “I’m excited for the new year because I feel like there will be more opportunities and chances to take in 2018” Many students and teachers feel the same way as Humza. Mrs. Smith also said that she has a “positive outlook” on the coming year. Alonso said “I feel like it’s good to get a fresh start.”

Many people want to do new things in the new year. Alonso said “I want to be more adventurous and social.” Alonso also “hopes to travel more and learn new things this year.” Other students say they want to “bake more” or “get better grades” in the new year.

Party City
Most people either have parties or get togethers with friends and family. Many Trailside students go to thier friends and famlies house to play games and have tons of fun.

While looking back on 2017 8th grader Ryan Kraft said “I just really enjoy summer vacation and that was the best part.” Mrs. Smith said “I was in a lot of my friends weddings this year and that was a lot of fun.” Many students and staff enjoyed 2017 but they all have the same feeling about 2018, and that 2018 will be a better year overall.

Many people make New year’s resolutions and for some people it is easy to stay on it, but for others it is harder. We asked a few students and teachers how they stick to their New year’s resolutions. Mrs. Smith said “I hold myself accountable and I tell my husband about my new year’s resolution so he can hold me accountable, but I make a vision board for the new year so, I print out quotes or inducers of things I want to do or things I want to achieve. I actually put it in my bathroom and that way I see it everyday.”

Trailside’s community is looking forward to a great 2018 and hoping to make memories in it! Many students and staff are excited for the new year and they all enjoy celebrating it. A good amount of Trailside’s community also makes New Year’s resolutions, some keep them some others don’t. We hope you enjoy your 2018, whatever you chose to do in it!