Trailside is “set” to win the big game.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Trailside is “set” to win the big game.

Pictured above is one of the many posters around the school advertising the game. The logo in this poster is the one that all the teachers will be wearing on their team shirts.

Molly Alonso and Sara Templeton

The player slams the ball with her forearms and it glides over the net and falls down onto opponent’s side. The crowd cheers and the team, huddles up in excitement, when the announcement comes on, “Trailside wins again.” This month is the 4th annual Trailside vs. Farmwell volleyball game. Ms. Arbogast, Mr. Dunleavy, Mrs. Beichler and many more of your favorite teachers will be participating in this athletic event. Trailside may be undefeated, but this is the school’s first time the staff is letting students take part in this event. Will this make them better or worse? In past years we have not had students play in the game, but this year Trailside tried something new.  A 6v6 tournament was held, where students made a team of 6-8 people and they competed before school. The studen

Pictured above is the 6th grade houses ticket sales for the game. The students and teachers are super excited to go to the game and they are working hard to get the extra 30 minutes from pack time.

ts play a few games and the team that came out victorious, gets to play against another student/teacher team from Farmwell at the big game.
Resource teacher Charlotte Ratcliff said “I think that we will do better because we will have the opportunity to bring more students together and the overall environment will be more positive.” This is Ratcliff’s first year teaching at Trailside, so she decided to play in the game because she feels like the game is a great opportunity to meet other teachers and show her school spirit.
6th grade science teacher Don Rahn stated “I like to participate in the game because I like doing fun stuff with the staff”
This year, the staff made an idea in order to boost the ticket sales buy making it a competition. The grade that buys the most tickets will get an extra 30 minutes of pack time at the end of the day. They also included the chance to win a raffle for a 100 dollar gift card to everyone who buys tickets. Both Ms. Ratcliff and Mr. Rahn believe that 6th grade will win the ticket sales competition because they always hear sixth graders talking about the game, but they don’t hear it as much from 7th and 8th grade.
Teachers have been talking a lot about the game and how excited they are to play and watch.
Obviously, Trailside takes the big game very seriously and they try to make the students as excited as the teachers are. Trailside is prepared to face anything Farmwell throws at them and they are not ready to lose their undefeated streak.