Super Bowl LII

Back to Article
Back to Article

Super Bowl LII

The Philadelphia Eagles and the New England Patriots will look to face off on Febuary 4th in Super Bowl 52. The Patriots are favored to win but the Eagles are looking to make the Super Bowl a huge upset.

Charlie Hughes, Patrick Devine, and Khalil White

The 2017-2018 NFL season has finally come to an end, and only two teams remain. They are the NFC Champion Philadelphia Eagles and the AFC Champion New England Patriots. Both teams are hungry for a super bowl ring. The Patriots are looking for their 6th super bowl win. The Philadelphia Eagles are looking for their first Super Bowl win in franchise history. Who will win the final game and complete the quest for the ring?

The Super Bowl has been a one of the greatest sporting events in American history. The first ever Super bowl was on January 15, 1967. The Green Bay Packers were having an amazing season and was looking to end it by being remembered for having won the first Super Bowl. They easily beat the Kansas City Chiefs 35-10 led by the first ever MVP of the Super Bowl, Bart Starr. They are now remembered for accomplishing the greatest competition ever in football history. Since then the Super Bowl has been  one of the most exciting events in America. The winners of the Super Bowl receive the Lombardi Trophy named after Hall of Fame coach Vince Lombardi. He was able to lead the Packers to the first and second Super Bowls.

Jack Hughes has finally brought back out his Nick Foles shirt that he go in 2013. Nick Foles had 3 touchdown passes against the Vikings to get to the Super Bowl 52.

The Philadelphia Eagles had a very unlikely path to Super Bowl LII. Which included a very good start to the season led by Carson Wentz, until he suffered a torn ACL in week 14 in their win against the Los Angeles Rams And was soon found to be out for the season. When people thought all of it was over Nick Foles was brought up on the field looking to prove people wrong, and he did leading the Eagles to their third Super Bowl appearance in franchise history.

The New England Patriots are a team that have won 5 super bowls. If the Patriots end up winning they will have six super bowl wins. Which will make them tied with the Pittsburgh Steelers for the most Super Bowl wins ever. At the start of the season the New England Patriots had a shaky start to the regular season going 2-2 in 4 games. But right after that the Patriots started being the patriots again winning 6 straight wins. But during practice right before the AFC Championship against the Jaguars Brady injured his hand.

7th grader Ben Fremin brings out his Tom Brady jersey bragging about his team being in the Super Bowl. Tom Brady led the Patriots past the Jaguars with to touchdown passes.

Super Bowl LII is definitely going to be a very interesting and exciting game as the underdog Eagles try to take on the dynasty of the New England Patriots. Who will bring home the trophy and either get their first ever win, or tie for the most Super Bowl wins ever?

Charlie Hughes, Sports Writer

Charlie Hughes is a 7th grader at Trailside Middle School. He plays baseball, basketball, and wants to start playing soccer.  He also enjoys the thrill...

Patrick Devine, Student Life Writer

Patrick Devine is an 8th grade student in Trailside Middle School. Patrick is involved in Trailside Times and is a cross-country runner. Some of his favorite...

Khalil White, Photographer, Sports Writer

Khalil White is a 7th grader and a photojournalist for Trailside Times.  His favorite hobby is football. What makes him unique is that he can sleep through...