Fortnite Battle Royale

Fortnite is a Third person shooter game.  There are 2 game modes with in fortnite. The Save the world (Zombies) and the Battle royale. The battle royale is a 100 player PVP game mode. When a game of Fortnite starts you are on the spawn island waiting for about 100 players to join the lobby. If people don’t join in time then the game will start with that amount of people in the lobby. Once you leave the spawn island  your are on the battle bus you can find the location you want to go to and mark it.

Youtube
This is the bus that you skydive from to get to the ground. When there are events (Ex: Christmas) the battle bus will become one the most festive things in game.

When you land from skydiving you can start looking for gear. Loot can be everywhere, search: Buildings, homes, shops, barns, sheds and caves to collect loot get the most amount of kills that you can.  There are a variety of guns and healables to the game so you must pick wisely and try to play out you road to victory.  All the guns are listed: AR (Assault Rifle), shotguns, SMGs, snipers, RPGs and grenade Launchers.

NAG
This is 1 of the 2 snipers in Fortnite. The bolt action sniper can take people out if you know how to use it.

The healables include bandages, medical kits, chug jug (heals you to 100% health and 100% armor), small shield potions and regular shield potions (armor).  Fortnite requires a high amount of skill and practice to become good at the game. Once you have come by the players and learned the layout of the map, you will find your favorite spot to go to and get loot.  The Fortnite map has seventeen named locations you can go to.

Fortnite.wikia.com
This is the map of Fortnite. You can see all of the 17 locations and more locations.

Some of the more fun locations to go to are Salty Springs, Dusty Depot, 1 of the farms (Anarchy Acres or Fatal Fields) and Tilted Towers.  Fortnite has a similarity to another game called PUBG (PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds). Fortnite battle royale is available for PC, MAC, Xbox One, Playstation 4 and newly added iOS mobile, you can get the battle royale for free. Here is a direct download link to Fortnite, https://www.epicgames.com. Epic Games has introduced Fortnite on mobile, so now you can play on Apple devices. Downloading Fortnite for Android is coming within a few months, in order to get Fortnite on a mobile device you need to go to the Epic Games website and sign up for the app. Epic will put you on the wait list and will email you when downloading is available for you device.

Kaden Nickens, Student Life Writer

Kaden Nickens is a 7th grader at Trailside middle school. Kaden plays basketball as his main sport. Kaden like to play outside and go on walks with his...