Spring Break is Springing Up!

Many+students+and+teachers+also+travel+to+the+beach+during+spring+break.+Pictured+above+is+Mrytle+Beach%2C+South+Carolina.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Spring Break is Springing Up!

Many students and teachers also travel to the beach during spring break. Pictured above is Mrytle Beach, South Carolina.

Jane Harwood

Jane Harwood

Jane Harwood

Spring break is coming up and all the teachers and students at Trailside are getting excited! They are beginning to plan their vacations and when to hang out with friends. This year spring break starts March 26th and ends March 30th.

Spring break is known for traveling to different places and seeing family from far away. Most students at Trailside are going different places. Seventh grader Hailey Loftin is “traveling to Louisiana to visit family and friends.” 7th grade math teacher Felix Colaciello “I’m actually going two places during spring break. I’m planning on going to North Carolina to help some friends move and the second part of spring break I’m going to Waterford, Maryland, where my dad lives.” Some other students are also going two places during spring break.

Jane Harwood
Many students are so excited for spring break they mark it on their pone calendars. Hopefully the sun shines during spring break this year.

Some students have sporting events, visiting relatives, staying home, or will be going sightseeing. Seventh grade student Sadad Hidari said “I’m going to stay home and just do my homework and play PS4”. Another seventh grader Charlie Hughes will be “Going out of town for a baseball tournament and I am hoping to win all of our games.” Many students like getting away from home and seeing some new sights.

Many teachers when students come back they feel like “They come back less ready to learn,” says Colaciello. Sixth grade Language Arts teacher Lisa Posada thinks “Some kids come back with spring fever so I sometimes have behavioral challenges when the kids come back from spring break. But other kids seem to be refreshed and ready to learn, it all depends on the kid.” Most kids like spring break and teachers enjoy it too.

Jane Harwood
Seventh grader Charlie Hughes wants spring break to come even faster. Many students would agree with him.

Spring break affects people by making new memories with friends and family. Posada said “I like to get a break from work and catch up on work so sometimes I will grade papers and then sometimes get a break of the business of school and spend time with family.” Many students find that spring break should be a bit longer and teachers also agree. Eighth grade science teacher Emily Smith thinks “a week and a half would be a perfect spring break” length.

Some teacher await spring and summer and like to catch up on things.  “I get to catch up on my shows, I spend time with my family, spend more time with my dog and get ready for spring and summer coming.” says Smith.

Even students at Trailside Times are excited for spring break and are going places during spring break. Seventh grader Jane Harwood is traveling up north to upstate New York for spring break. Another seventh grader Emily Kittelson is going two places over spring break. She will first be traveling to Great Wolf Lodge and then she will be going to a cheer competition. Last but not least Riley Jefferson will be staying home and playing Fortnight.

Everyone is getting excited for spring break and is ready for it to come! We hope you have a great spring break!

Jane Harwood, Student Life Writer

Jane Harwood is a 7th grader at Trailside middle school. Jane is involved in Trailside Times and  Loudoun County League Field Hockey. Some of her hobbies...