Lets go Alonso: The Zone

Back to Article
Back to Article

Lets go Alonso: The Zone

Pictured above is the out side of The Zone. The Zone opened its doors on Novemeber 3, 2014.

Summer is approaching fast, and kids are looking for something to spend their
days doing with their friends. Even though there are many outdoor options, there are also several places to go. One place I recently went to was The Zone, and I had a very good experience. The Zone is a arcade with laser tag, bowling, virtual reality, and a restaurant all rolled into one.
Before I went to do all the fun stuff they have there, I got dinner at The Zone
with my friend. We shared a cheese flatbread pizza and then ended the meal with their jumbo chocolate chip cookie. The service was great, the food was delivered on time, and we didn’t have to wait at all for a seat.

After we finished dinner, we went to do laser tag and it was a lot of fun. The
arena is created to be like a mayan jungle playground, and it looked super realistic. There are several obstacles and places to go throughout the area which makes the experience way more fun. After doing laser tag, my friend and I spent the rest of the time in the arcade. There were all types of games there, including old classic games like space invaders and interactive games like a claw machine.

The pricing for laser tag is $9 for one game, $16 for 2 games, $21 dollars for 3
games and unlimited laser tag on Monday thru Friday. The average price for the arcade games can be from $0.50 to $3.00. Bowling at The Zone is very pricey compared to the other options you can do there. On Monday to Thursday Anytime Bowling, it is $8 per guest per game for 1 hour max, $40 per lane with up to 4 guest for 1 hour max, and it is $60 per lane with up to 6 guest for 1 ½ hours max. From Friday to Sunday, instead of $8, it is $10 per guest per game for 1 hour max. The pricing for the VR experience is $20 for 15 minutes, $35 for 30 minutes, $45 for 45 minutes, and $55 for 60 minutes.
Overall, I had a great time at The Zone. Some things there were quite expensive,
but everything was worth it. I would definitely recommend it to someone looking for somewhere to go with their friends.

Molly Alonso, Student Life Writer

Molly Alonso is a 7th grader here at Trailside Middle School. She participates on a Volleyball team and does the Girl Up club. Some of Molly’s hobbies...