2018 NBA Finals Preview

The 2018 NBA Finals are finally here and now only 2 teams remain in the quest for an NBA Finals ring. They are the Cleveland Cavaliers and the reigning champion Golden State Warriors. This is the 4th time in a row these two teams have played in the NBA Finals. Last year the Warriors won the series 4-1. But can the Cavaliers pull off a major upset and win their 2nd title in 4 years, or will the Warriors prevail for their 2nd straight Championship?

First off we will start with the Cleveland Cavaliers. The Cavaliers this season have been an average team…..until the playoffs. The Cavs path to the Finals has been tough as they barely escaped the Indiana Pacers in 7 games. Next, they faced the #1 seeded Raptors and completely demolished them winning the series 4-0. Next, in the Eastern Conference

loopjamacia.com
LeBron James and Kevin Love have certainly shown that they can win in the playoffs this season. But can they take that momentum all the way into potentially having a second title to Cleveland?

Finals, they faced an injury-riddled Boston Celtics team. Which they won in 7 games. All thanks to their superstar SF LeBron James. James this postseason has been as he always is. He is averaging 34.6 PPG, 9.2 RPG, and 9.0 ASG(assists per game). He also hit 2 game winning shots in the process! Another star on the Cavs roster is PF/C Kevin Love. Love in the NBA Playoffs this year has been a good 2nd option in Cleveland. In this year’s NBA Playoffs he is averaging 14.7 points, 10.2 rebounds, and 1.5 assists per game. But can the Cavaliers get their revenge and pull off a major upset against, or will the Cavaliers fall again to the Golden State Warriors?

Next up we have the reigning champions, the Golden State Warriors. The Warriors this season have not lived up to their potential because they dealt with injuries with PG Stephen Curry, PF Draymond Green, SG Kl

Japantimes.com
Warriors PG Stephen Curry and PF Draymond Green celebrating after achieving their 4th straight finals birth. But can they achieve their dream by winning their 3rd title in 4 years and become a dynasty?

ay Thompson, and the backup SF Andre Iguodala. Their path to the playoffs starts with 2 5 game series against the Spurs and the Pelicans. But in the Western Conference Finals, they went against the #1 seeded Houston Rockets. Down 3-2 the Warriors won 2 straight hard-fought games to give them their 4th straight finals appearance. One of their stars includes 2-time MVP Stephen Curry, Curry’s 2018 season was cut short due to multiple ankle injuries. But he is back and better than ever as in Game 7 of the Western Conference Finals Curry had 27 points, 9 rebounds, 10 assists, and 4 steals! Another star on the Warriors is Draymond Green. Green this postseason has been averaging 10.2 PPG, 9.3 RPG, 5.5 ASG, and 1.5 blocks per game. But will the Warriors be able to take down LeBron once again, or will they fall down to LeBron and the Cavs 2 times in 4 years?

The NBA has got a ton of hype all year long for potentially having Cavaliers Warriors IV. To see the match up of the all-time great players that include the duo of LeBron James and Kevin Love. And the Big 4 of Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green. This year’s NBA Finals is sure to be exciting! But who will win Cavs Warriors IV? Will the Golden State Warriors win their 3rd title in the last 4 years? Or will the Cavaliers pull off a huge upset and win their 2nd title in 4 years?

Patrick Devine, Student Life Writer

Patrick Devine is an 8th grade student in Trailside Middle School. Patrick is involved in Trailside Times and is a cross-country runner. Some of his favorite...