What Time is it? Summertime!

This+is+one+of+the+many+beaches+that+is+visited+each+year.+Ocean+City+is+a+very+pretty+beach+to+visit.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

What Time is it? Summertime!

This is one of the many beaches that is visited each year. Ocean City is a very pretty beach to visit.

Molly Alonso

Molly Alonso

Molly Alonso

Megan Helge and Charlie Hughes

As the school year is ending, many goodbyes are being said, yearbooks are being signed and schoolwork is being left behind, and now it is time for summer vacation!  

Common summer plans include going to the beach, visiting friends and family, attending summer camps and going on road trips. Many students look forward to the end of the school year, and the start of summer freedom. Others will miss their relationships with friends and teachers that have been made this school year.

Ashburn Farm Association
Windmill Pool is one of the most common pools to go to over the summer. Many people go to hang out and socialize with friends.

Seventh-grader, Maria Stalcup has many summer plans that she is anticipating. “I am doing many camps this summer, swimming in two swim teams, going on vacation, having a family reunion and visiting my brother. I will be very busy this summer!” Stalcup is looking forward to seeing her brother the most this summer. “ I don’t get to see him often, so I get super excited when I do!” There are also many things to miss about school as well. “ I will probably miss seeing my friends over summer break because it will be the last time I see some of them at school. But I will probably just miss the school aspect, you know, staying up late doing homework, studying last minute for a Spanish test in compass…I’ll miss those things too.”

Seventh-grader, Theodore Streaker, is ready to go on his summer vacations.  “I am looking forward to going to the beach and spending time with my friends.” Streaker is going to be building some sandcastles at the beach this year in Maryland. “Some of my summer vacation plans are to go to the beach. The beach that we are going to go to is called Ocean City and it is in Maryland. We have been going

This is the weather for the next week! It is perfect weather for a visit to the pool or the beach!

there for 13 years, and it is the first beach that I ever went to.”

Seventh-grader, Ben Fremin is adrenalized for his summer vacation. “I am going to my grandparents’ house in Florida, which I am very excited about because I haven’t seen them in awhile. Seventh-grader, James Finan is getting ready for all of his summer sports. “I am looking forward many of my basketball tournaments this summer, but I will miss all my friends and not being able to walk to school with them.”

Charmayne Bodkin is one of the teachers that will be leaving Trailside Middle School this school year. Mrs. Bodkin is getting ready for a fun, busy summer vacation. “I have a busy summer planned, I am teaching Personal Finance and Economics with Virtual Loudoun and attending several teaching conferences. I do plan to have some fun though! I will be going on an Alaskan Cruise with friends I have had since elementary school, the summer will fly by.” Mrs. Bodkin is also ready for a relaxing summer. “I am looking forward to creating a balance between fun and relaxation and continuing to learn and hone my skills as a teacher.”

Sixth and seventh-grade resource teacher, Ragini Maheshwari is looking forward to her summer break. “I have a lot of plans for summer vacation, the biggest one for me is that I am going back to school and I have a course that I have to finish. I also have a rising senior and I will be working with him for his college applications.” Mrs. Maheshwari is also going to miss all of her great students from this past year. “I will miss all of the kids who are in my resource class, and some of them I may not be seeing because they are going to Stone Bridge.”

The summer of 2018 is just around the corner, yearbooks are signed and numbers have been exchanged. Most students are excited to leave school and do their summer activities but other students will miss their friends and teachers they have made this year. The happiness and sadness will all come to an end though in late August when the next school year starts again!

Megan Helge, Editor

Megan Helge is a 7th grader here at Trailside Middle School. She is a competitive swimmer and swims four days a week. Megan is also apart of Girl Scouts...

Charlie Hughes, Sports Writer

Charlie Hughes is a 7th grader at Trailside Middle School. He plays baseball, basketball, and wants to start playing soccer.  He also enjoys the thrill...

Molly Alonso, Student Life Writer

Molly Alonso is a 7th grader here at Trailside Middle School. She participates on a Volleyball team and does the Girl Up club. Some of Molly’s hobbies...