Abbey’s Monthly Movie: Halloween

Back to Article
Back to Article

Abbey’s Monthly Movie: Halloween

Halloween is the new sequel to the very first Halloween movie, that came out in 1978

Miramax

Miramax

Miramax

After forty years of silence, Michael Myers returns in the new sequel of the very first Halloween movie. I thought that this would be a great movie to review since it’s October and Halloween is at the end of the month, and I also love horror movies.

Halloween stars Jamie Lee Curtis as Laurie Strode, who had been waiting for Michael. He killed Laurie’s older sister, Judith when she was just two. Michael is then sent to a mental hospital when he was six, where fifteen years later he escapes to go try and kill Laurie and her friends on Halloween.

The new Halloween is about Michael being set free on Halloween after a transportation bus crashed. Laurie then goes on a manhunt for him so that she can kill him, which is what she’s been wanting to do for years.

Throughout the movie there were many parts leading up to a jump scare. A few of them I didn’t see coming, and scared me a bit, but most of them were somewhat predictable. I knew what was going to happen next on multiple occasions, which didn’t make the scene as intense as it should’ve been.

I was really impressed  how realistic everything was, however. The blood looked very real, and how the people looked after Michael killed was very realistic. Most horror movies that I’ve seen don’t look very real when it comes to deaths, so this impressed me.

Certain parts were really confusing, and needed more explanation, however. On multiple occasions I’d be really confused on what the characters were doing, and I wish they would’ve explained it better.

Another thing I didn’t like was that the producers of the movie ditched the whole idea that Laurie and Michael were siblings. The movie was fine without it, but I feel like if they did make it that they were siblings, it would have been better.

Overall, the movie was pretty good, and I’d rate it 8/10. If they explained certain situations and made it so that what was going to happen next wasn’t very predictable, it would’ve been perfect.

Abigail Baltich, Sports Writer

Abigail Baltich is a 7th grade student at Trailside Middle School. She plays basketball, violin, the guitar. She is very passionate about writing and playing...