NBA Week 6 Review

Patrick Devine, Sports Writer

Recently in the past month in the NBA a lot of things have changed through the first month of the season, including the recent skirmish between Warriors SF Kevin Durant and PF Draymond Green, which could possibly end their legendary dynasty! Also the Wizards disappointing 5-11 start to the season as players like Jeff Green, Dwight Howard, and Otto Porter continue to underperform. And finally the Philadelphia 76ers trading for All-Star SG Jimmy Butler starting a new chapter in 76ers basketball. Will the Warriors trade the two all-stars after the recent argument, will the Wizards finally get back on track and prove these couple of games are just an early season fluke, and will the 76ers succeed with Jimmy Butler now on the team?

For the past couple days the Warriors have gotten a lot of attention, one reason for this is as Kevin Durant made his way back Draymond Green missing the game winner after repeated attempts to make Green pass, he mouthed something which when you look at the video it looks like he is saying “That’s why I’m out” after Green said “We don’t need you here, we already won without you”, which could be trouble for Golden State as his contract expires this summer. But some news sources say that the Warriors might trade the 2 time finals MVP this season, some teams include the Lakers, Celtics, and some other teams. But the question is, will this be Kevin Durant’s last season as a Warrior, or will the Warriors figure this out and contend for more championships in the future?

Brady Klopfer
Due to the recent drama between Kevin Durant and Draymond Green, the Warriors have been on a 6 game losing streak which is the longest under Coach Steve Kerr. Will the Warriors be able to forget about the drama and win their 4th championship in 5 years?

Next headline this season is the recent trade involving Jimmy Butler to the 76ers. This trade is HUGE for the 76ers going forward, because their roster before the trade couldn’t compete with teams like the Raptors and Celtics in the Eastern Conference. This trade now puts the 76ers in contention for the East crown. Also Robert Covington and Dario Saric(the ones involved in the trade) were not going to develop into franchise changing players like Ben Simmons or Joel Embiid already are. And finally this gets the 76ers a third star, which they failed to do in the offseason with LeBron James. But even though this trade looks good on paper, will these three stars lead the 76ers to the finals for the first time since 2001?

Nathan Beighle
Due to the recent trade involving Jimmy Butler to the 76ers, while the 6ers send SF Robert Covington and Dario Saric to Minnesota, most experts predict that the 76ers just took a step forward in winning a championship. But will the meet the expectations and make it to their first finals since 2001?

Albert Burneko
Due to the Wizards slow start the Wizards front office shows willingness in trading multiple players such as John Wall, Bradley Beal, Dwight Howard, Otto Porter, and Kelly Oubre Jr. But will the Wizards prove this was just a fluke or will they make the playoffs for the 3rd time in a row?

Prior to this season, most NBA experts thought that the Wizards have taken the next step to finally contend for a championship with the additions of Dwight Howard and role players such as Jeff Green and Austin Rivers. Unfornoutly as a Wizards fan myself they have done so well at only an 5-11 record. Unexpedly star SG Bradley Beal has been one of the only bright spots on the team averaging 21 points, 4.6 rebounds,3.5 assists,with an impressive 45% shooting. But players like Otto Porter have not been living up to his max contract, only averaging 10.5 points, 4.4 rebounds, and 0.7 blocks per game. Offseason acquisition Dwight Howard has not been doing so well either, only averaging around 12 points and 9 rebounds per game. Overall this Wizards team has just fallen apart from 2 seasons ago, when they were only 1 win away from the Eastern Conference Finals. But can the Wizards prove these couple games was just a fluke, and turn it around for their 5th playoff appearance in 6 years?

Patrick Devine, Student Life Writer

Patrick Devine is an 8th grade student in Trailside Middle School. Patrick is involved in Trailside Times and is a cross-country runner. Some of his favorite...