Loudoun County has a New Light Festival at One Loudoun!

Patrick Devine and Liam Dunston

For the first time, Loudoun County has a new light festival at One Loudoun! This is where family and friends can come together to celebrate the holidays and have a great time. It takes place from November 10th-January 2nd.  This is a great opportunity to spend with your family and loved ones.

While at the LightUP fest you could visit one of the many exhibits which include Freedom America, Freedom America shows multiple landmarks in the US including the Capitol Building, Mount Rushmore and the Statue of Liberty. Also to America’s history, you will also see its dedication to its ideals of freedom and equality.  In addition to this there are bicycle light generators “Fun bicycle light generators, so you can have family competitions” said Jackie S. Another one is the Tour of Fantasy, if you desire a romantic night with beautiful and stunning lights, then the Tour of Fantasy can make you feel like your in a real-life fairy tale with castles, forests, and stars.

Patrick Devine
Right when you come into the light show, you see this stunning entrance of what looks like Disney. To many, this is this is one of, if not the best set of lights in the whole festival!

Arguably the best exhibit, “Mysterious East” is a presentation on traditional Chinese culture as shown in history. In this presentation, you get to see China’s history, art, and traditions. That makes a truly amazing experience as we see our rich Chinese culture is! And if that is not enough they have a maze made out of lanterns, stepping stones that change color as you walk! “My least favorite exhibit is the Chinese year calendar part of the Mysterious East exhibit”.

Patrick Devine
Arguably the best exhibit, “Mysterious East” here is showcasing a Chinese Temple. To some, this may be the best set of lights of the whole festival.

The final exhibit is Magical World, Magical World showcases animals in their modern and prehistoric forms. “My favorite exhibit is probably the dinosaurs because I am obsessed with Jurassic

Patrick Devine
One of the four exhibits, Magical World here is showcasing what life was like when dinosaurs ruled our planet millions of years ago. To some, this was one of the better set of lights of the whole festival.

Park” said Brianna. In addition to the animals, there are realistic looking and sounding animatronic dinosaurs!

In addition to the light displays, there are daily performances of acrobats, interactive art, craft displays, great food, and special holiday events. “I would change, I would light up the path with these food trucks because it’s out of the way. And harder to find the food trucks without the lights”. “I thought that the acrobats were my favorite part because they were the most interesting, and did some crazy stunts,” said Rebecca Johnson.

Overall, this is a great time to spend with your loved ones during the holiday season. There is amazing lights, exhibits, art, performances, and food that all people can enjoy!

Patrick Devine, Student Life Writer

Patrick Devine is an 8th grade student in Trailside Middle School. Patrick is involved in Trailside Times and is a cross-country runner. Some of his favorite...