A Gift from Timber Wolf Productions

Back to Article
Back to Article

A Gift from Timber Wolf Productions

One of the ads Timber Wolf holiday special, featuring Lily Hollar and Paul Quinonez. The winter special ads, are mainly designed by Zack Burton.

Timber Wolf Productions

Timber Wolf Productions

Timber Wolf Productions

As winter break nears, and Christmas creeps around the corner, students become impatient and restless. Thankfully, video production is working on a video for that. On the eighteenth and nineteenth of December, resource classes will be showing a thirty-minute long holiday special made by Timber Wolf Productions in hopes of keeping students entertained.

“I hope it kills that last resource class before break because I know sometimes that’s rough for teachers and for the students [and] you just want to get out of there,” said the Communications teacher Michael Hallinan. The Winter Special will also be posted on the Timber Wolf Productions video channel for any students who miss watching it.

Students and Teachers should know that when any break whether it comes to winter break, spring break, and especially summer. It’s the time when students get to leave class and not think about school. Classrooms can get very hectic and the Timber Wolf Production Holiday Special can calm down students and give resource teachers a serene ending of the week before break.

“The holiday special is a film that all classes for Timber Wolf Productions [are] collaborating on. It is a combination of different videos that several classes make put in one video, divided up by small segments with a host.” says 8th grader Sean Dimitrov.

The holiday special consists of short skits that tie back to one large host segment. Advanced classes have been working hard on writing a host segment and a series of holiday or winter theme sketches that will frame different videos created by the intro classes. “ this is the biggest project we have come up with so far, and we hope that many people will appreciate the video” says writer of the Holiday Special, Sean Dimitrov.

(Jennifer Osborne, Dhatri Mukkamalla, and Clarice Henry.) getting ready to film the next segment for the Timberwolf Production holiday special. Some segments will involve Christmas movies like The Grinch and Krampus.

“We have a special guest this special. They’re a well known public figure. I can’t be too specific, but their name rhymes with Made Wired.” says 8th grader Zack Burton. Not a lot of information can be given about the skits, due to wanting to keep a majority of it a surprise. Though it can be shared that skits will include iconic Christmas figures like Krampus and the Grinch. But not only fictional icons will be showing up. According to Mr. Hallinan, Wayde Byard will also be coming into film a skit. Wayde Byard is the public security officer for Loudoun County. He always calls if it is a snow day or a two-hour delay.

“My favorite step in this process was meeting new friends,” said Wayde Byard, “There is so much creativity in Trailside. A challenge that I faced [was] the cue cards. I don’t see as well as I used to. I hope that the students will enjoy the film with as much spirit that was put into it.”

Another part of the holiday special will be Winterviews. Interviews will be funny confession box style interviews with the cast of Timber Wolf Productions. “The Winterviews are supposed to be interviewing all the studio cast members and explaining the role of each cast member in the studio in a comedic way,” explained eighth-grader Andrew Hollinger.

“A big challenge I have to face is deadlines because it’s hard getting everything sent to me,” stated eighth-grade editor, Andrew Hollinger.

Heaven Reath
Eighth grader Zack burton working hard on an advertisement for the Timber Wolf Production holiday special. Zack is one of four kids creating ads.

The script for the winter special was done on the seventh. With deadlines quickly approaching, some are finding it hard to get everything put together.“We had the idea for the winter special, because to us, winter and interview go together, and now we’re actually doing it.” says Andrew Hollinger.

But it’s not just students who feel crunched for time. With the eighteenth and nineteenth quickly approaching, getting things done on time seems to be a difficult task. “The biggest challenge is getting people to finish their stuff on time because this needs to air that last Wednesday and Thursday, so we need at least two days to edit everything together. So it has to be done filming Friday, at the very very latest, and it just got done being written,” said Hallinan.

Challenges aside, the video production classes are working hard to finish the holiday special by writing, filming, and editing thirty minutes of clips for the school’s entertainment. Your last resource may be boring, but Timber Wolf TV will do its best to distract you and lead you on to a pleasurable winter break.

View the two channels here:

Timber Wolf Productions: bit.ly/timberwolfproductions
Timber Wolf TV: bit.ly/timberwolftv

Heaven Reath, Reporter

Heaven Reath is an eighth grader at Trailside middle school. Her favorite class is history/civics. Her hobbies consist of watching YouTube and reading....

Sara Templeton, Student Life Writer

Sara Templeton is an 8th grader at Trailside Middle. She is a Student Life Writer for Trailside Times. She is a very passionate athlete who competes in...

Sumayya Khan, Editor

Sumayya Khan is an eighth grader at Trailside Middle School. Sumayya enjoys many things, including reading, writing, drawing, and sewing in her free time....