NBA Week 10 Power Rankings

Through ten weeks of the 2018-19 NBA Season, there have been a lot of top-tier teams in the NBA such as the returning dominance of the Golden State Warriors. And the Raptors with potential MVP candidate Kawhi Leonard, and the Milwaukee Bucks with Giannis Antetokounmpo. But the question is, who will be number 1 on this list?

Matt Velazquez
Milwaukee Bucks SF, Giannis Antetokounmpo celebrating after a dunk. During the offseason, most experts expected the Bucks to breakout. So far they have exceeded their expectations and are now in the race to win the East.

1. Milwaukee Bucks

Record: 18-9

The Bucks lately have been very inconsistent only going 4-4. But looking at this team you see one player that pops out at you. Giannis Antetokounmpo, Giannis this year has been electrifyingly averaging about 26 a game. With 11 rebounds and 6 assists.  These numbers and the way his team is playing, he might as well win the MVP if he keeps this up. Plus the additions of George Hill and Jason Smith will help the Bucks going forward. But will the Bucks be able to finish this season off well and win their first playoff series since 2001?

Mark Medina
Golden State Warriors Stephen Curry drives past Kings Willie Cauley-Stein during their game. Even though the Warriors have been struggling a bit with injuries, they still remain atop the Western Conference.

1. Golden State Warriors

Record: 19-10

The Warriors this season haven’t been full strength with injury after injury after injury. Even though their record doesn’t show it, of their 29 games so far 15 of them haven’t had their best line up. That shows that this team needs to get full strength, and soon because the Western Conference right now is tight with only 3.5 games separating 1st place from 8th place. But will the Warriors be able to meet their previous expectations and win another championship?

Micheal Wagaman
Raptors SF Serge Ibaka and Raptors PG Kyle Lowry celebrate after scoring. This year could be the year the Raptors overcome their playoff struggles and reach the NBA Finals for the first time in franchise history.

1. Toronto Raptors

Record: 23-7

During the offseason, most fans and experts thought that the Raptors could make some noise this year. And somehow they have exceeded those massive expectations and are now 23-7 through 30 games. Adding to it, they even won against the Warriors without Kawhi Leonard. Even though Kawhi Leonard has been great, there is another MVP candidate on the Raptors. Kyle Lowry, Lowry has been just like Steve Nash in his MVP season averaging 14.2 points, 10 assists, and 1.4 steals per game. But will the Raptors be able to finish off an amazing season and go their first NBA Finals in franchise history?

Overall, through about 30 games in the season, there have been some crazy and unexpected things. And it could only get crazier with more action-packed games the rest of the season. But who will prevail, will it be the defending champion Warriors? Or will it be the Raptors led by MVP candidates Kawhi Leonard and Kyle Lowry, or will it be the Milwaukee Bucks with MVP candidate Giannis Antetokounmpo?

Patrick Devine, Student Life Writer

Patrick Devine is an 8th grade student in Trailside Middle School. Patrick is involved in Trailside Times and is a cross-country runner. Some of his favorite...