Templeton’s Movie Reviews: Home Alone

Up above is the cover of the movie home alone. When nine-year-old Macaulay Culkin got tired on-set, he would just lie down on the ground and sleep between takes.

Sara Templeton, Student Life Writer

As the cold winter breeze blows, and children sit and wait in their beds for Santa to come, the holiday spirit comes along. It’s time for sitting on the couch and binge-watching Christmas movies. Which one? Well, I suggest the 1990 movie Home Alone. Home Alone was one of the biggest movies of 1990.

Christmas time has come and the Mcallister family is planning to go on a family trip to Paris, but they forgot something. Not something normal like a toothbrush or a charger, they left an 8-year-old boy. While the family is out of town the kid faces 2 men trying to rob his home. What will he do to capture the enemy?

My overall opinion on this movie could go two very different ways. I think this movie would be a great idea for a family. If you are expecting a cheesy, Old, holiday movie then this is the one to watch. Yet if you are looking for good acting, comedy, script, and plot this is not the one for you. This movie is meant for good old holiday memories. My Review is an 8/10 considering the script, plot, and acting.

Acting can be a very hard thing to think about in this movie considering that it is a movie from the 1990s. Overall considering the way the movie was made, the time it was made, and the age that most of the actors are in, in the movie. I would have to rate it an 8/10. In my opinion, Macaulay Culkin(Kevin Mcallister) did much better than any of the older actors. He was able to show his immaturity and his intelligence, while you could barely see the character in the adults.

The script is written very realistically even after the plot is very unrealistic. The chance of a child being left at home and burglars attempting to break in is very unlikely, but the script is very realistic. The writer of the scripts did a very good job at matching the actors’ personality and the actors dialogue. The kid is a very intelligent boy, and they make sure to make the boy still have a child-like mind, but still are able to bring together the maturity of the character and make his actions mature.

A good plot is obviously one of the key parts of a good movie. In my opinion, the plot for this one is very creative. It can be hard to figure out a plot that is creative and has not happened before. The plot of Home Alone is a very impractical idea, and I think that is a very important way to pull a watcher in and make them think in a whole different view.

Sara Templeton, Student Life Writer

Sara Templeton is an 8th grader at Trailside Middle. She is a Student Life Writer for Trailside Times. She is a very passionate athlete who competes in...