A Holiday Chorus Concert

Back to Article
Back to Article

A Holiday Chorus Concert

Jamie Smalls

Jamie Smalls

Jamie Smalls

Jamie Smalls, Gabby Flamish

7th graders are prepared for their holiday concert. Even though this concert was a celebration of the holidays, it was also a celebration of the hard work and effort put in by the chorus members. From the people we interviewed, many people enjoy lots of different holiday music, including songs from “The Grinch”, “Frosty the Snowman”, and “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer”.  The holidays bring out an amazing spirit in all of us, a joyful one in that.

Not all the songs they sang were Christmas songs. They sang one song called Shalom Chaverim which is a Hanukkah song in Hebrew. Here at trailside, we sing about all of the holidays during this time of year, and we celebrate everyone and their differences, that’s what makes us unique.

During the concert this year, the students will be performing carols that include Jingle Bells, Up On the Housetop, We Wish You A Merry Christmas and many more. The concert was separated into two parts, 7th grade, and 8th grade. They both sang a variety of songs and got and deserved an ovation every time.  Ms. Jagielski congratulated all the students who participated in the concert. At the end of every concert, she would congratulate all the students by allowing them to get a special treat for doing such a great job. 

Gabby Flamish
These 7th-grade chorus students are thrilled about how they did in their performance the other night. Some students say they did better than their last concert.

Also at the end of the concert, she let all of the parents come up and take videos and pictures of the 7th-grade chorus members. She made them stand up on the risers and smile until they were all done. Then she wanted to take pictures of them herself.

Overall this concert was a merry time for all participating and a great experience for the audience. The Trailside chorus is full of outstanding individuals and has an amazing skill for their age. They all put in an amazing effort and got a great result. In conclusion, great job Trailside chorus!

Jamie Smalls
These are congratulated 7th graders after they performed their concert. Great job 7th-grade chorus!