Trailside Ice House Spirit Night

Back to Article
Back to Article

Trailside Ice House Spirit Night

Posters were hang up in all grade levels locker area advertising for the Trailside fundraiser at the Ashburn ice house.It showed that the posters were a great way to Advertise by the amount of people there.  

Eva Lanham

Eva Lanham

Eva Lanham

Eva Lanham and Emily Hughes

Winter is the time of year to go snowboarding, skiing, sledding, and take part in many other fun activities. Trailside Middle School has added to the fun by hosting another annual spirit night at the local ice house on Friday, January 11, from 7:40- 9:10 p.m. Students and their families and friends were invited to support their school by having fun, skating and listening to music. Around 7:40 Trailside students, and surprisingly many high schoolers and students from other schools were about ready to start skating. Soon after everyone got on the ice, the lights were turned off and disco lights were turned on as wells as blasting music, which was fun however it made it hard to talk to friends, It was so loud that many kids would talk in a big group around the edge of the rink. “It’s really loud but it’s also super fun!” said Jackson Moore, a seventh-grader at Trailside. Students enjoyed requesting music and singing along to their favorite songs.

Emily Hughes
Trailside student Eva Lanham is enjoying the skate night while listening to all her favorite songs.
Skate night was a big success and many people can’t wait for the next one.

A large number of people came at the beginning, though most came by around eight or so. It got pretty crowded by the time everyone was there. It became hard to skate with a lot of people around, countless people started falling because the ice became very rough and hard to skate on. Students were having a great time racing each other and doing amazing tricks on the ice.

Emily Hughes
Trying to stop on the ice for a good picture is almost impossible. People were moving so fast that it was hard to take a decent picture without it being blurry.

Other than that, everyone was still having a great time. “I love to skate and I think that this was a great place to have a spirit night,” said Anna Lefgren, a 7th-grade student at Trailside.

Time flew by and no one really wanted to leave by 9:10. “I can’t believe it’s almost over it has been such a fun night!” said Alexis Cantor, a 7th-grade student at Trailside. Like the beginning, about ten minutes before the end of skate night the lights were turned back on and the music become quieter. Everyone was reluctant to leave and most people stayed till the very end. Eventually, though, skate night came to an end and most people are excited to attend to the next one.

Overall lots of people had a great time even if they weren’t the best at skating. The fundraiser was a big success considering how many people came and most that were asked said they would attend to the next one. Skate night was a fun winter activity that was a huge Hit. The fundraiser was a great and successful idea, especially for winter.