Gabby’s Crunchy Club: Cloud Cookies

Back to Article
Back to Article

Gabby’s Crunchy Club: Cloud Cookies

An example of the finished product of the cookie.

Gabby Flamish, Student Life Writer

Hello guys and welcome back to this months edition of Gabby’s Crunchy Club! I hope everyone had a wonderful spring break. In light of the wonderful weather and the season of spring I will be basing my treat off of that.  After all, April showers bring May flowers. This months cookie recipe will be pulled from the barefoot baker, a great source which I definitely plan to pull from again!

Supplies:

1. A cloud shaped cookie cutter
  2. White icing
  3. Blue sprinkles
  4. Sugar cookie dough
  5. A clean surface
  6. An oven

Directions:

1. Use a cloud or flower cutter to cut shapes out of the cookie dough.
  2. If you use a flower cutter, cut it in half.
  3. Next, use a heart, circle or tear top shape to cut the center out of one of the clouds.
  4. Make sure to cut the edge also.
  5. When you transfer the cloud cookie shape to the baking sheet it may stretch a little.
  6. Use the flower cutter to make it as close to the original shape as possible.
  7. You will need three cookies per cloud.
  8. Once you bake the cookies, lay them out so you can start assembling them.
  9. Use the icing as glue.
  10. Glue the center cookie to the back cookie.
  11. Before you move on, add the sprinkles to make sure the hole is the right size so the sprinkles will fall out of the cloud when you give it a shake. If the sprinkles don’t come out correctly, you can take the center cloud off and trim the hole with the serrated knife. Then glue it back on with the icing. If it breaks, just piece it together and glue it in place.
  12. Add the top cookie but don’t glue it down yet. Give it a shake and make it rain.

Overall these cookies were absolutely a blast for me to make and I would totally recommend making these cookies on a rainy day with nothing else to do. If you do make these cookies, be sure to not add too many sprinkles, the taste will be completely off as the sprinkles overpower the entire cookie. The directions were overall very easy to follow because on the website, there were photos to go along with each step. I will attach the website link if you need the picture reference.

As for the taste, the cookie itself was actually very tasty, but it was kind of dry. The frosting really helped the cookie, because the dough was just plain sugar cookie dough, the frosting really added some flavor. The texture was surprisingly very good as I almost burnt them so that’s an error on my part.

In conclusion, the cookie tasted very good. The texture was kind of off but that was a chef error, not a recipe error. For the recipe, it was very easy to follow and kind of fun to do. This is by far one of the coolest cookies I’ve made, as it literally rains sprinkles! Thank you all for tuning into this months edition of Gabby’s Crunchy Club!