AMC Awards

Luke+Bryan+%28left%29+and+Dierks+Bentley+%28right%29+are+the+hosts+of+the+Academy+of+Country+Music+awards+%28ACMs%29.+They+were+both+once+participants+in+the+ACMs.+
Luke Bryan (left) and Dierks Bentley (right) are the hosts of the Academy of Country Music awards (ACMs). They were both once participants in the ACMs.

Source: http://www.cbs.com/shows/academy_of_country_music/

Taylor Bergen and Emily Rapps

My favorite song of his is ‘Knee Deep,’ said Eva, because it makes me feel free. I’ve been listening to country music since preschool.”

— Eva Ritz

Some students may know of some country artists but here are the best of the best!  They might have heard of the Grammys, Golden Globes, Oscars, Tony Awards, Bet Awards, and even the Emmys. But, have they heard of the Academy of Country Music awards also known as the ACMs? It’s when the best country artists are nominated to receive an award for their greatness.

Madison Crellin is one of the biggest fans  of country music you would ever meet. Madison’s favorite artist of all time is Maren Morris.

“Maren Morris is my favorite singer! My favorite song by her is ‘My Church’ or ‘Pink Sunglasses,’” said Madison. Fun fact: the favorite group of the year was ‘Little Big Town.’ Mrs. Foster’s favorite artist is Tim McGraw.

“My favorite song of his is humble and kind. I love country music because of the feeling and depth of the songs and they have a lot of meaning,” said the 6th grade counselor. Tim McGraw and his wife Faith Hill They released their new single “Speak to a girl” on Sunday April 2nd 2017 at the T-Mobile arena.  Eva Ritz loves Zac Brown Band.

“My favorite song of his is ‘Knee Deep,’” said Eva, “because it makes me feel free. I’ve been listening to country music since preschool.”

Mrs. Cherry’s favorite singer is Luke Bryan.

“My favorite song is ‘Die a Happy Man’ which won an award this year, for song of the year,” Mrs. Cherry said. “I love country music so much because it is so fun to listen to and when there are concerts, it makes me feel like I’m at a party. I’ve been listening to it since 8th grade because it is different than rap and pop music.” Students know about the famous pop/country artists like Taylor Swift and Keith Urban. The person who won the most awards is Miranda Lambert. Hse has won a total of 8 awards in the span of 8 years. Here’s a little backstory on her.   

Multiple men and women won some amazing awards. The male vocalist of the year is Thomas Rhett. Miranda Lambert won female vocalist and album of the year. For the past eight years she won female vocalist award. In November 2015 she became the first woman to have won in the country music association awards. Her life is just one examples that shows that if you put your mind to something, you can do anything.