Happy retirement: Laura Tucker

Mrs.+Tucker+reads+to+her+class.+Students+loved+listening+to+all+of+the+class+read+alouds.+
Mrs. Tucker reads to her class. Students loved listening to all of the class read alouds.

Taylor Bergen

Taylor Bergen

Emily Rapps and Taylor Bergen

Mrs. Tucker is retiring this year, and we would like to admire her for her work. She helped open Trailside but, she has been teaching for 26 years. She has taught in Louisiana, England, North Carolina, and Virginia before this school. She is retiring to North Carolina because her family lives there. This summer after Mrs. Tucker retires, she is taking a long trip to England to visit old friends! She used to live in England for about 10 years.

Mrs. Tucker loves this quote it reminds her of her life. Mrs. Tucker told Emily and Taylor that she always live her life to the fullest.

“ I am always wanted to go on a trip with Mrs. Tucker to North Carolina because, I also have family there” said Mrs. Couse.

Mrs. Tucker and Mrs. Couse have so much fun together. The loved making a reading lounge together. In fact, that was Mrs. Tucker’s favorite thing.

“Mrs. Tucker has been such a great person. I like that if we don’t have a book I then I can just send people to her to find a book.”  said Mrs. Couse.  Mrs. C  loves that Mrs. Tucker is able to provide more books to the students. Everybody is sad to see Mrs. Tucker leave Trailside but, she has made an impact. The reading lounge that she created will stay at Trailside.